now, obviously i haven't listened to every hip-hop and / or r&b track laced since the new year, but this is just my list of what caught my ear and gave me that "shake my head / contorted face" expression when i heard it.
so what is this based on? just that epic feeling behind the overall production; not just the drums, melodies, percussions, etc. but the whole inception of the track.
note: i'm not saying these are the best songs, just the best production, in my own opinion. now if you disagree, hear me out and turn the volume up a notch, and let the subwoofers do the magic, because these definitely HIT.
Click song title to get the goods.
5. Kinda Like A Big Deal by The Clipse. Produced by DJ Khalil and Chin Injeti.
4. Maybach Music II by Rick Ross. Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League.
3. Uptown by Drake. Produced by Boi-1da.
2. Boarding Pass by Wiz Khalifa. Produced by Johnny Juliano.
1. Love Vs. Money / Love Vs. Money 2 by The-Dream. Produced by Tricky Stewart.
Wack MCs by Slautherhouse. Produced by Red Spyda.
Gotta Be Magic by Wale. Produced by Best Kept Secret.
Hello by Mikkey Halsted. Produced by Don Cannon.